‘Little Rock’ Program for Kids Ages 5-8
Start your ‘little rocker‘ off right with us at The Rock Golf. This ‘Little Rock’ program introduces children aged 5-7 to the 4 basic shots of golf in a fun and safe environment. Using junior equipment, students will learn golf skills and fundamental athletic movements, as well as etiquette, safety and the basic rules of golf. Everyone is encouraged to repeat the program, as repetition is essential for mastering golf skills – it also happens to be fun.
Classes are 60 minutes in length. Space is limited
- Innovative four-week program for boys and girls ages 5-7
- Children will be exposed to the four basic shots in a fun and safe environment using junior equipment.
- The movement skill program follows the CN Future Links Model to build athletic movements
- No experience or equipment necessary
- 6:1 athlete/coach ratio maximum
- Junior clubs will be supplied should your child not have equipment.
The CN Future Links Girls’ Club (GC) is a developmental golf program essentially designed for girls 9-16 years of age. As members, young girls will develop the skills, attitudes and positive images of themselves as athletes on the golf course, encouraging both self-esteem and a life-long love of the game. Using junior equipment, students will learn golf skills and fundamental athletic movements, as well as etiquette, safety and the basic rules of golf.
Junior Rockers Camp for Kids Ages 9-14
The Rock Academy Camps build on what knowledge kids currently have and plunge deeper into the game’s fundamentals. These clinics enable kids to learn how to play the game while focusing on developing swing fundamentals and ball striking skills. Coaches work on individual techniques and add content and exercises that are appropriate to the strengths and skill-levels of each child, so that they can get out on the course.
All juniors will be provided healthy snacks and beverages during the camps.
- Children will be exposed to the four basic shots in a fun and safe environment using both standard golf equipment and physical fitness movements.
- Athletes will be exposed to active movements to enhance their hand eye co-ordination
- 6:1 athlete-to-coach ratio
- High quality learning opportunity facilitated by Peter Elgie, PGA of Canada – One of Canada’s leading junior golf coaches
- Fun and exciting for kids
- Includes a healthy snack water and gift certificate for free round of golf at Maple Hills Golf Course